National Mission Committee 2018
Feedback to Synods - Report from David Sebley of the National Mission Committee meeting in Welwyn-Garden-City held on 1st and 2nd February 2018.Some of the things we discussed will be happening before our next Synod Mission Committee Meeting in May.
Download: Report and feedback pages for your information, so you are aware of what we focussed on.
National Mission Committee 2017
Feedback to Synods Report from the National Mission Committee meeting in Birmingham at the end of February 2017.
- There will be a service to mark the centenary of the ordination of Constance Coltman on Sunday 17th September starting at 3pm. All are invited to the service which is being held at the American International Church in London and Francis Brienen would like to hear especially about women who have played a pioneering role in our churches and would like to attend.
- Local church involvement in global partnerships - Churches are asked to respond to Michael Jagessar and Eve Parker with details of synod global partnerships and congregation to congregation links.
- Walking the Way - plans are well underway and more will be said at Spring Synods. View Paper I for more details of the progress being made.
- ACT Community’ programme enabling climate justice activists (View paper D) Mission Committee agreed to endorse this initiative for a second year and new participants are sought. Contact Grace Pengelly or Wendy Cooper with possible names and for further details.
- There is a new Interfaith Fund aimed at promoting contact, understanding and respect among Christians, Jews and members of other faith communities. View Paper A for more information but further details are available from David Tatem.
- New resources available for churches -
- 'Discipling Presence’(from the Arthur Rank Centre) available in June
- Rural Mission Sunday, 16 July, with the theme of hospitality and welcome
- Conversation Welcome resource from the Joint Public Issues Team to encourage exploration of the sort of society we want ours to be after Brexit - available shortly
- Commitment for Life 25th anniversary service available, View Commitment for Life anniversary service details.
- Revised version of Mission Shaped Intro - available on the Fresh Expressions website