COUNCIL FOR WORLD MISSION (European Region)
About CWM Europe
CWM Europe is one of the six Regions of CWM, a partnership of churches in mission. The Europe Region is made up of five member churches:
- The Congregational Federation
- The Union of Welsh Independents
- The United Reformed Church
- The Presbyterian Church of Wales
- The Protestant Church in the Netherlands
Many CWM Europe churches work in a context where life in community is fragile, they witness to Christ at the margins of society in a post-modern context. As a partnership of churches in mission the European Region works to enable member churches to develop missional congregations through mutual accompaniment and resourcing the member churches in mission through CWM’s programmes and initiatives.
CWM Europe is managed by a Regional Mission Council made up of two directors from each of the member churches.
CWM has a holistic understanding of mission holding that mission is very broad being expressed in values, attitudes and activities. This range of mission is often to as “the five marks of mission.”
- Proclaim the good news of the kingdom.
- Teach, baptise and nurture new believers.
- Respond to human need by loving service.
- Seek to transform unjust structures of society.
- Strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.
Peter Ball our Mission and Training Officer serves as a Director of CWM Europe as part of the Regional Mission Council. The website has masses of good mission stories and resources so Peter encourages you to take a look and use these free to download resources.