Who we are!
Faith in Action (Advocacy/Convenor) Robert Ogden
We are a group with the intention of promoting, initiating and monitoring key elements of faith in action through discipleship. The areas that are included in its scope are headlined through our development plan and come under the following headings:-
- Communicating the message
- Fact finding and information gathering
- Disability Issues
- Racial Justice (Advocacy- currently vacant)
- Inter faith (Advocacy) Robert Ogden
- Immigration and Sanctuary
- Rural Affairs (Advocacy- currently vacant)
- Living Faith in Action. Walking the Way, Commitment for Life (Advocacy) Wendy Cooper
- Response to poverty: Global and National Emergencies
- Responding to alcohol, drugs and addiction
- Chaplaincy to the workplace, to sport and to general clubs
- Domestic violence
- Mental Health and Well-being
- Green issues (Advocacy) Jeremy Flack
- Global Concerns (Synod Officer) Lindsey Brown
- Training Needs to enable compliance (Synod Training Officer) Lindsey Brown
- Contribution to the Big Day Out Event (Synod Co-ordinating Officer is the lead)
There are many interlinks with other groups and committees within the Synod structure and this cross referencing and monitoring is a vital aspect. Our brief may appear to be broad and therefore some prioritising of our work is needed, hence the three year Development Plan which runs until 2023.
The group meets quarterly, usually in the central location of Cambridge although we have now begun to meet via zoom.
Our members are:-
Robert Ogden : Convenor email:
Ann Barton: Secretary/Note taker
Lindsey Brown: Synod Officer
Please do contact us for information, referencing and support.